The Clwyd Family History Society was founded in 1980 to encourage the study of genealogy and family history in north-east Wales, and to provide a forum for people who are interested in these subjects to meet, and to help each other. It now has approximately 1000 members worldwide.
Clwyd was abolished as an administrative county on 31st March 1996; and at the same time, four new unitary authorities came into being - these were named Flintshire, Denbighshire, Wrexham County Borough, and Conwy County Borough. However, the boundaries of the "new" Flintshire and Denbighshire are quite different from those of the historic (pre-1974) counties of the same name. Today Clwyd exists only as a ceremonial county.
Saturday 10th Nov 2018
THE HISTORY OF LLEWENI HALL AND THE SALUSBURY FAMILY
With Edna Ellis
Eirianfa Centre, Denbigh
Travelling from Mold, Ruthin or Denbigh direction: at the traffic lights, go up the hill, Vale St, take the first turning right. After approx. 100 yards, turn left after Theatr Twm y Nant. At the top of the hill, past Capel Mawr on the left. Pay and display car park on the left opposite Eirianfa centre. Further parking past centre on the right.