Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society
Clwyd FHS

Clwyd Churches

Bwlchgwyn
Bwlchgwyn Parish Church
Christ Church
Eglwys Crist
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SJ 266534
Listed:
-
Pre-1974 county:
Denbighshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Wrexham

The building was erected in 1867, as a combined school and chapel of ease. It was later converted to a church by adding a chancel, vestry and porch, and was consecrated as Christ Church on 1 October 1879.

The new parish of Bwlchgwyn was created on 5 March 1880, from a portion of the parish of Brymbo, and a small part of the parish of Llanfynydd.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Bwlchgwyn page.


This page was last revised 30th December 2012
Copyright © 2012 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068