Llansanffraid Glyndyfrdwy is one of the ancient parishes of Merioneth.
The old church stood on the bank of the river, but it was completely washed away in a flood early in the seventeenth century. A new church was erected in 1611, on the present site in Carrog, high above the river. It was extensively restored in 1852, and the chancel was added in 1867.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Carrog page.