Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society
Clwyd FHS

Clwyd Churches

Clocaenog
Clocaenog Parish Church
St. Foddhyd
Santes Foddhyd
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SJ 082543
Listed:
Grade II*
Pre-1974 county:
Denbighshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Denbighshire

The ancient parish comprised the townships of Bryngwri, Llanerchgron, Maen-ar-ei-gilydd, Maestyddyn, Clocaenog Ucha, and Clocaenog Isa.

The church, which is dedicated to St. Foddhyd, was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. It was renovated in 1856, and again in 1882.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Clocaenog page.


This page was last revised 30th December 2012
Copyright © 2012 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068