The parish of Colwyn Bay (Welsh: Bae Colwyn) was created on 15 May 1893, from the townships of Llwytgoed, Rhiw, and part of Dinerth, which until then had been in the ancient parish of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos.
On 5 May 1900, Llwytgoed and part of Rhiw were transferred to the new parish of Bryn-y-Maen.
St. Andrew's served the westerly end of the parish of Colwyn Bay. The foundation stone was laid on 2 November 1908. The Chancel, organ chamber and vestry were added in 1925.
St. Andrew's church closed in October 2013. Services continue to be held at St. Paul's parish church.
• • •
For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Colwyn Bay page.