Cwm is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire, comprising the two townships of Uwchllan and Isllan. The boundaries of the parish remained untouched by the widespread creation of new parishes during the Victorian era.
The parish church dates from the fourteenth century, or earlier; although it was rebuilt about 1500. There were restorations in 1881 and 1901. The church is built on a hillside, and the floor is in three levels.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Cwm page.