The present St. David's is the second church to be erected on this site in Denbigh. The earlier church was built between 1838 and 1840. The tower, which was not completed until 1858, is still standing, but the rest of the earlier church was demolished in 1894, and a new building was erected in its place.
St. David's is now owned by Howell's School, Denbigh, and is used as the School Chapel.
• • •
For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GenUKI Denbigh page.