The parish of Eryrys was created on 11 October 1861, from parts of the townships of Eryrys, Cyfnant, and Gwaunyffynnon, which had until then been in the parish of Llanarmon yn Iâl.
The foundation stone of St. David's church was laid on 12 September 1862; and it was consecrated on 25 November 1863. It was closed during the 1980's, and the ecclesiastical administration of the parish reverted to Llanarmon yn Iâl. The building has been developed as a Community Centre.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Eryrys page.