Ewloe (Welsh: Ewlo) is a constituent church in the Rectorial Benefice of Hawarden - it is not a separate parish.
The Church of the Holy Spirit was consecrated on the 14th of September 1938.
" ... one of the handsomest churches in Flintshire, and something new in the way of church architecture. The site lies on the top of Aston Hill and commands a fine view of the Dee estuary
and the lands of Wirral beyond. ... Standing on its lofty eminence and showing clearly the outlines of the Byzantine style, the new church seemed a thing of beauty."
[From The Chester Chronicle , 17 September 1938]
• • •
For family history information about the church, visit the GenUKI Ewloe page.