Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society
Clwyd FHS

Clwyd Churches

Glyndyfrdwy
Glyndyfrdwy Parish Church
St. Thomas
Sant Tomos
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SJ 151426
Listed:
-
Pre-1974 county:
Merionethshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Denbighshire

The new parish of Glyndyfrdwy was created on 20 November 1866, from the townships of Carrog, Mwstwr, and Tir Llanerch (all of which had until then been in the parish of Corwen); and portions of Bonwm and Rhagat.

The foundation stone of the new church was laid on 5 May 1858, and it was consecrated on 9 November 1859.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Corwen page.


This page was last revised 30th December 2012
Copyright © 2012 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068