Gwaunysgor is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire. Its two townships of Gwaunysgor and Carnychan are both mentioned in the Domesday Book. The Domesday Book entry for the village mentions a 'ruined church'. By 1254, the church had been rebuilt, and was valued at twenty shillings.
The church was repaired in 1845. There were further repairs in 1892 (re-opening on 9 October 1892); and during the 1930s.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Gwaunysgor page.