Llanarmon yn Iâl is one of the ancient parishes of Denbighshire. It comprised the Denbighshire townships of Bodigre yr Iarll, Bodigre yr Abbot, Chwileriog, Gelligynan, Creigiog Uwch Glan, Creigiog Isglan, Alltgymbyd, Trellan, Banhadlen, Cyfnant, Gwaunyffynnon, and Erryrys; and the Flintshire township of Bodidris.
In 1861, portions of Erryrys, Cyfnant and Gwaunyffynnon went to the newly created parish of Eryrys.
On 11 March 1887, part of the parish of Llanarmon yn Iâl was transferred to the parish of Llandegla.
The church was mentioned in the Lincoln Taxation of 1291. It was partially rebuilt in 1736; and renovated in 1870 and again in 1906.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llanarmon yn Iâl page.