Llanasa is one of the ancient parishes of Flintshire. It originally comprised the townships of Gronant, Gwespyr, Kelston, Golden Grove, Picton, Axtyn and Trelogan.
In 1812, an embankment nearly two miles in length was built, allowing a large area of fertile land to be reclaimed from the sea. This area became the township of Trewaelod.
A portion of the township of Gronant went to the new parish of Prestatyn in 1860.
There has been a church on the same site since the 6th Century. The shell of the present building is believed to date from the late 15th Century, but there have been several restorations and additions over the years, especially in 1739, 1746, 1766, 1818 and 1877.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llanasa page.