The ancient parish of Llandegla at one time comprised the three townships of Llandegla, Trefydd Bychain, and Bodlywydd. However, Bodlywydd has long since been incorporated into the parish of Llanelidan.
On 11 March 1887, part of the parish of Llanarmon yn Iâl was transferred to the parish of Llandegla.
The church was completely rebuilt in 1866.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llandegla page.