The ancient parish had four townships - Bodlennyn (otherwise known as Tre'r Llan), Llaethfaen, Teyrdan, and Twynnan (otherwise known as Dolwen).
The church is believed to have been founded in the sixth century by St. Elian. It was restored in 1859 and 1903.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llanelian page.