The ancient parish was extensive (approximately 20,000 acres), comprising the townships of Barog, Bodrychwyn, Bont, Cynnant, Ciliau, Cornwal, Dolganner, Garthewin, Melai, Petrual, Prysllygoed, and Talhaearn.
St. Mary's church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The present building is believed to date from about 1600, but was extensively repaired and restored in 1839 and 1876.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llanfair Talhaearn page.