The ancient parish comprised the townships of Tre'r Llan, Tregeiriog, and Nantyr. These two latter townships were entirely detached, lying north of the river Ceiriog, and surrrounded by the parishes of Llansilin, Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog and Llansanffraid Glyn Ceiriog.
The church was mentioned in the Lincoln Taxation of 1291 as "Bettws Kadwaladr", a chapelry of Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant. The building was restored in 1840 and 1883.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Llangadwaladr page.