The ancient parish comprised the townships of Llechryd, Berain, Talybryn, Myfoniog, Bodysgaw, Dinascadfel, Penporchell, Carwedfynydd, Tycelyn, and Tiryrabad.
The church was founded by St. Nefydd in the fifth century, and was mentioned in the Lincoln Taxation of 1291. It was restored in 1859, and again early in the twentieth century. It is now dedicated to St. Nefydd and to St. Mary the Virgin.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llannefydd page.