The ancient parish comprised the townships of Cader, Meifod, Segroit Ucha, Segroit Isa, Cliccedig, Prion, Llanllech & Llwyn, Trefydd Bychain, and Llewesog.
St. Dyfnog's church was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The oldest part of the present building is the tower, which dates from the 13th Century. The church was restored in 1879/1880, and was re-opened on 20 April 1880. It was again restored in 1986/1989.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch page.