Rhyl became a separate parish on the 23rd May 1844, having previously been part of the parish of Rhuddlan
The foundation stone of St. John's was laid on 6 August 1885; and the first service was held on 10 June 1887. The church was consecrated during Easter 1890.
On 12 February 1937, St. John's was granted a licence to conduct marriages.
In 1997, a survey reported that urgent, and costly, repair work was necessary. The Church authorities decided to declare the building redundant; and the final service was conducted on 28 December 1997.
• • •
For family history information about the churches and parish, visit the GENUKI Rhyl page.