The ancient parish of Ruthin contained the two townships of Cae'rfallen and Tre'rcastell.
St. Peter's church was originally a chapel of ease to Llanrhydd; dating from 1310.
The church was extensively restored between 1854 and 1859, during which period a lofty spire was added to the tower. It was re-opened on All Saint's day, 1859.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI Ruthin page.