Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society
Clwyd FHS

Clwyd Churches

Shotton
Shotton Church
St. Ethelwold
Sant Ethelwold
Ordnance Survey Reference:
SJ 310686
Listed:
Grade II
Pre-1974 county:
Flintshire
1974 to 1996 county:
Clwyd
Post-1996 county:
Flintshire

The parish of Shotton was created on 30 May 1921, from parts of the townships of Shotton, Aston, Sealand and Saltney; all of which had been in the parish of Hawarden until that time.

St. Ethelwold's church was consecrated on 7 August 1902, replacing a combined school and chapel which had been opened on 12 February 1875.

• • •

For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GenUKI Shotton page.


This page was last revised 30th December 2012
Copyright © 2012 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068