St. George has also been known as Kegidog, or Cegidog. It is one of the ancient parishes of Denbighshire, comprising the townships of Cegidog Uchaf, Cegidog Isaf, Dinorben, and Meifod.
In 1873, part of the township of Cegidog Isaf went to the new parish of Towyn.
A church at St. George was mentioned in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The church was re-built in 1893, and was consecrated on 19 December 1893.
• • •
For family history information about the church and parish, visit the GENUKI St. George page.