Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society

Cerrigydrudion

Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

The almshouses in Cerrigydrudion were endowed and built in 1717 by Robert Price (Prys) of Geeler (Giler), baron at His Majesty's Court of Exchequer, Westminster, initially for the accommodation of 6 poor men of the parish, aged over 60, members of the church, and who had been resident for more than 10 years. The Charity later supported 10 men. They were to receive 3/6d (17p) per week, new stockings and shoes every year, and a new overcoat every 2 years. The datestone placed over the centre door records the foundation, together with Biblical extracts from Luke, Tobit and Proverbs.

• • •

Plant Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

Restored datestone above the Almshouse door. For details of the restoration see Hel achau, No. 98 (September 2008), p. 39-41.

• • •

Penygelli School

Unknown group attributed to Cerrigydrudion.

• • •

Penygelli School

View of village date c1900.

• • •


This page was last revised 28th December 2016
Copyright © 2016 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068