Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Clwyd
Clwyd Family History Society

Coedpoeth

Plant Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

Nant Bridge, Coedpoeth in Winter.

• • •

Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

Salem Welsh Independent Chapel was first built in 1858, before being rebuilt in 1891-2 to the design of John Harrison of Coedpoeth, and further modified in 1905.

• • •

Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

Salem Welsh Independent Chapel. This photo appears to date to around 1910.

• • •

Plant Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

High Street, Coedpoeth c1910 taken outside Robert Roberts's "Gwalia" Shop.

• • •

Plant Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

High Street, Coedpoeth c1920.

• • •

Plant Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

Jonah Lloyd's Newsagents Shop. The hut on the right was Mary Ann Ikes Fish Shop. This is now the entrance to the Car Park from High Street.

• • •

Plant Capel Adwy'r Clawdd

High Street, Coedpoeth c1940.

• • •

Penygelli School

Rehoboth Methodist Chapel was built in 1843 and then rebuilt in 1858 and 1866. This chapel, dated 1866, is built in the Gothic style with a gable entry plan.

• • •

Penygelli School

8 Lloft Wen.

• • •

Penygelli School

Coedpoeth Home Guard in 1940.

• • •

Penygelli School

Seion Independent Chapel in Talwrn was built in 1880 and rebuilt in 1899. The present building, dated 1899, is built in the Vernacular style with a gable entry plan. By 2002 Seion had been converted for residential use.

• • •

Penygelli School

Interior view of Seion Independent Chapel,Talwrn.

• • •

Penygelli School

Rhosberse Road c1930.

• • •

Penygelli School

Plas Power Colliery about 1930.

• • •

Penygelli School

An outing to Llangollen in the 1930's.

• • •

Penygelli School

High Street Coedpoeth C1950.

• • •

Penygelli School

High Street Coedpoeth C1960.

• • •


This page was last revised 31st December 2016
Copyright © 2016 Clwyd Family History Society

REGISTERED CHARITY 512068