The station was on the Llangollen Road. As part of the 'Beeching Cuts' of the mid-1960s, the entire Ruabon to Barmouth line was closed.
The Llangollen Road with the 'Australia Arms' just off to the right of the photo.
King William's Tower
King Williams' Tower stands off Tower Road. It was built in 1827 by G. H. Whalley (of Plas Madog), the M.P. for Peterborough, as a hunting lodge or summer
home. There is an attached gamekeeper’s house. The tower was named after King William II and is thought that it was built on the site of an earlier fortress.
Capel Bryn Seion
Capel Bryn Seion looking up towards Garth.
The old stone bridge crossing the River Dee at Cysyllte. This bridge formed part of the original Cardiff to Chester turnpike road.
The Shropshire Union Canal at Froncysyllte. (Postmarked 1929)
The Panorama Walk
The mountain road with Castell Dinas Brân and the Eglwyseg Cliffs in the distance.