An early view of Hope Street from its junction with Queen Street (to the right). The Talbot Inn stands on the corner. This timbered-frame building was demolished
in the early 1900s and replaced by the mock-Tudor Talbot Hotel. The spire of St. Mark's church can be seen in the distance. (Contributed by Peter Chadwick).
Looking up Hope Street from its junction with Queen Street (to the right). The mock-Tudor building was formerly the Talbot Hotel.
Hope Street looking towards High Street and St. Giles parish church. The street has always been Wrexham's main shopping street. (Postmarked 1905)
Hope Street from its junction with High Street. R & T Sauvages' tailors shop can be seen on the left. Alderman Thomas Sauvage served as Mayor of Wrexham
for a record four terms. His brother Robert became an Honorary Freeman of the Borough. The shop later became a branch of Burton's tailors. On the right is Dutton's
'Sig-ar-ro Stores' high-class grocers. (Postmarked 1909)
Brook Street with a view of the tower of St. Giles parish church in the distance. The Afon Gwenfro runs in a culvert under the street. The old Albion Brewery
can be seen at the far end of the street. Much of the poor-quality housing to the right of the photograph was demolished in the 1930s and replaced by the Odeon
Church Street, leading to St. Giles parish church, is one of the oldest streets in the town. The ornate church gates were made by the Davies family of Croes
Foel. (Postmarked 1927).
Regent Street, looking towards the General Station. The tram lines, of the Wrexham and District Electric Tramways, connected the station to the town centre.
Regent Street, looking towards the General Station. The spire of St. Mark's church can be seen in the distance on the left, with the Imperial Hotel opposite.
This hotel later became the headquarters of the Wrexham Rural District Council. (Postmarked 1912).
Looking up Town Hill from Bridge Street with the old Hand Inn at the top of the hill. W Holland, grocers, can be seen on the left. College Street leads off to the bottom-right of the photo.
RWF Dining Room
The Dining Room at the Royal Welsh Fusiliers barracks in Hightown.
Built on the outskirts of town, beside the Afon Clywedog, this was the flour mill for Wrexham Regis. (Postmarked 1907).
A family pose outside their thatched cottage near Rhosnesni. This was one of many such cottages which could be found on the oustkirts of the town but, sadly, none remain today. (Contributed by Graham Price).
Nothing remains of Acton Hall today, only the gateway with its Four Dogs, the lodges and parts of the original stone boundary wall are left.
St Giles Church
The RWF on Parade.
The Old Cottages
King's Mills, Wrexham
Hill Street, Rhos
Trams in Rhosllanerchrugog
Bryn y Grog Hall
Bryn y Grog Hall, Marchwiel. Constructed late C18 on the site of a building which had been on the site since at least 1700 when it was owned by Mrs Elis of Wrexham, Bryn-y-Grog Hall was bought by Philip Yorke of Erddig in 1773 from John Jones. It was the residence of John Edgeworth and later of Charles Menzies Holland the Victorian railway engineer and slate quarry owner.
A delivery of cars to the Wrexham Motor Company in 1927.
Horse & Jockey
The Horse & Jockey Inn.
King Street, Wrexham.
Situated in the corner of the park bounded by Bradley Road and Belle-Vue Road. Statue, dated 1904, and originally sited outside the Guildhall in Chester Street.
The house was rebuilt between 1687- 1695 and enlarged in 1786-7. The park was created in the 1790s.
St Mary's RC Church
The building of St. Mary's Church, (now the cathedral) coincided with the granting of the borough charter in Wrexham in 1857. The church, like its predecessor, was built by Richard Thompson.
Erddig Hall was built in 1684 - 1687 for Josiah Edisbury, the High Sheriff of Denbighshire. The house was passed down through the Yorke family until March 1973, when it was given to the National Trust.